- Men’s Basketball
- Women’s Basketball
- Women’s Volleyball
- Women’s Volleyball Schedule
- Women’s Volleyball Updates
- Women’s Volleyball Roster
- Women’s Volleyball Staff
- Women’s Volleyball Media Guide
- Women’s Volleyball Stats
- Women’s Volleyball Videos
- Women’s Volleyball Game Photos
- Bucs Media
- Get CVCC Gear
- CVCC Camps
- Tournament Info
Click Here for PDF version of 2014 Volleyball Camp Information Sheet
- Basic Skills Camp is a 3 day camp designed for players that want to be introduced to the game of volleyball. Our staff will teach all six of the fundamental skills of volleyball in a fun, active, and positive camp environment. We will also train the basics of team concepts, serve receive and team defense. The Basic Skills Camp is intended for the novice player to come away with improved basic skills, improved knowledge of team concepts, and an increased love for the game.
- Intermediate Camp is a 3 day camp dedicated to entry level and experienced players entering grades 6th – 8th. In addition to primary skills, campers will explore intermediate team concepts and rotation offense and defense. The Intermediate Camp will provide focused, intensive training essential to improvement – no matter the ability level.
- Advanced Skills Camp is a 3 day camp for high school junior varsity & varsity players who will train at the fundamentals of the game to strengthen the skills that make a successful high school player. These players will also be exposed to more in depth team concepts and strategies that promote skill mastery in an enthusiastic, intense environment.
- Basic Skills Camp is geared to beginning players and is offered for players entering 3rd – 5th grades
- Intermediate Camp is for 6th – 8th graders and will be applicable to entry level as well as experienced players
- Advanced Skills Camp is for players entering grades 9th – 12th who have at least two year of playing experience
Dates & Times:
- Basic Skills Camp – 8:00 am – 11:00 am, Monday, July 7th – Wednesday, July 9th
- Intermediate Camp – 12:00 noon – 3:00 pm, Monday, July 7th – Wednesday, July 9th
- Advanced Skills Camp – 4:00 pm – 7:00 pm, Monday, July 7th – Wednesday, July 9th
- This camp is directed by Catawba Valley Head Volleyball Coach, Shannon Hudson. Instruction for the camp will be provided by the CVCC volleyball coaching staff and current members of the Buccaneers volleyball team including CVCC Assistant Coach Mark Wimberley and CVCC Assistant Coach and Carolina Select Club Coach Lacy Goodson.
- Catawba Valley Community College Main Campus, Tarlton Complex.
- $100 per session
Camp Pricing Includes:
- 9 – 1.0 hour training sessions over the course of 3 days
- Camp T-shirt
- Daily Snack
How to Register:
- Fill out the Camp Registration Form available online at Volleyball Camp Registration Page or print off and fill in Volleyball Camp Registration From and mail in.
- Fill out & sign the Medical Info-Emergency Contact Form
- Include a check for the $25.00 non-refundable deposit to hold your spot.
- Make checks payable to: CVCC and write Volleyball Camp in the memo line.
- Submit the registration form online, medical info-emergency contact form and your $25.00 non-refundable deposit to:
Catawba Valley Community College
Attention: Shannon Hudson, Head Volleyball Coach
2550 US Hwy 70 SE
Hickory, NC 28602
- Registration limited to 50 athletes per session.
*Balance is due upon check-in on first day of camp
If you have any questions, feel free to contact me at email@example.com or (828) 327-7000, extension 4566.