- Men’s Basketball
- Women’s Basketball
- Women’s Volleyball
- Women’s Volleyball Schedule
- Women’s Volleyball Updates
- Women’s Volleyball Roster
- Women’s Volleyball Staff
- Women’s Volleyball Media Guide
- Women’s Volleyball Stats
- Women’s Volleyball Videos
- Women’s Volleyball Game Photos
- Bucs Media
- Get CVCC Gear
- CVCC Camps
- Tournament Info
How to Apply to CVCC
Below is the “step by step” process for enrolling at CVCC. Please be aware that on certain days, (Advising and Registration periods), new applications to the College are not processed due to service to current CVCC students:
1. Attend a Starting Point session to learn about admission, placement testing and financial aid.
2. Call your high school to obtain an official copy of your high school transcript. Contact the appropriate agency for official SAT, ACT, AP or GED scores. If you attended college anywhere other than CVCC, contact their Registrar or College Records office to request/obtain an official copy of your transcript be sent to CVCC (there may be fees to do this for some schools). All transcripts should be presented to CVCC in a sealed envelope at the time of your admission visit or mailed in advance.
3. Complete the Application to the College – paper copy or online. If you apply using the online application, you MUST come to Student Services in person with a photo ID (driver’s license) to activate that application. View “Starting Points” before completing the application and be sure to obtain official transcripts. Click here to view the Starting Points Slideshow.
4. Bring your completed application, official transcripts and a photo ID to the Student Services Office to meet with an Admissions staff member.
5. Prepare for, and take, placement tests at the CVCC Testing Center if needed. Testing is by appointment. The admissions staff member will determine if you need testing and make the appointment. There is no fee for testing and a “Study Guide” is provided.
6. Prepare for financial aid by completing the online Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at www.fafsa.ed.gov. The FAFSA code for CVCC is 005318. You cannot become eligible for Financial Aid until you successfully complete the online FAFSA; your financial aid is not final until you receive an award notice email from the CVCC Financial Aid Office. The financial aid process takes 4-6 weeks from the moment you submit the FAFSA.
If you are going to use Veteran’s Administration benefits, please process your application to the College and then visit the VA website to apply for benefits at http://www.gibill.va.gov/GI_BILL_Info/education_forms.htm. It is wise to complete the FAFSA in addition to other expected aid. Not all educational programs at CVCC are eligible for certain forms of aid.
Five working days after your admissions visit, your CVCC email account will be created. It is critical that you open this email and read it daily. The College shares important information through this email account and you are held accountable for that information. In fact, CVCC Financial Aid information is sent to this email.
After testing, you will visit the Advising Center. An Advising Center team member will assist in selecting courses appropriate for your program of study prior to registration.
The College requires students to pay tuition and fees in the Business Office. Methods of payment include cash, check, debit cards, a payment plan, and major credit cards. Credit card payments are not accepted by phone, but students may pay using the online payment option. Preparing for financial aid EARLY in the admissions process allows a student to have their payment arrangements made before school starts.
Students also need a parking tag. There is no charge to park at CVCC, but a hang tag is required.
CVCC offers New Student Orientation each semester. Preview provides important information about the College. All new students should make plans to participate in Preview – in person or online.