HICKORY, N.C. – The Catawba Valley Community College Athletic department will be hosting its third annual golf fundraiser on Friday, Oct. 13, 2017 at Rock Barn Golf & Spa in Conover, N.C.
Proceeds from the tournament will be used to fund student-athlete scholarships, team uniforms and equipment, travel expenses and CVCC’s general athletic fund.
Registration for the four-person captain’s choice tournament, which is set for a 1:30 p.m. shotgun start, starts at 11 a.m. Lunch will be served prior to the start of the event at 12:30 p.m., and food and drink will also be available for purchase on the course during the tournament.
The cost to enter is $500 for a four-person team, which includes lunch and a tournament swag bag. Mulligans are also available for purchase for $20 each (limit four per team). Complimentary range balls will be provided before the start of the tournament round.
Awards and raffles will take place at the clubhouse following the round. Prizes will be given away for closest to the pin and longest drive, and winning teams will also receive awards.
Sponsorships are also available for purchase on five levels – Tournament Sponsor ($2,500), The Valley Sponsor ($1,500), Red Hawks Sponsor ($1,000), Team Sponsor ($700) and Hole Sponsor ($250/$400) – and include the following:
- Tournament Sponsor ($2,500): one company banner located at the clubhouse, four tee signs with company name/logo, GoCVCC.com website recognition, four-person team entry, and each team member receives a Yeti Cup Cooler, $100 gift card, collared shirt, a dozen golf balls and lunch with a tournament swag bag;
- The Valley Sponsor ($1,500): two tee signs with company name/logo, GoCVCC.com website recognition, four-person team entry and each team member receives a Yeti Cup Cooler, dozen golf balls and lunch with a tournament swag bag;
- Red Hawk Sponsor ($1,000): one tee sign with company name/logo, GoCVCC.com website recognition, four-person team entry and each team member receives a dozen golf balls and lunch with a tournament swag bag;
- Team Sponsor ($700): one tee sign with company name/logo, four-person team entry and each team member receives lunch with a tournament swag bag;
- Hole Sponsor($250/$400): $250 for one sign or $400 for two signs.
The deadline to enter the tournament or purchase sponsorship is Sept. 29, 2017. Registration forms are available at gocvcc.com or at the CVCC Athletic Department offices. Please make any checks payable to: Attn: Paul Rozzelle, 2550 Highway 70 SE, Hickory, NC 28602.
Since the re-establishment of athletics at CVCC in 2004, the Red Hawks have won 17 conference championships, 15 region championships, nine district championships and made nine national tournament appearances. The baseball and volleyball programs at CVCC have also each posted top-five finishes nationally.
Also standouts in the classroom, more than 250 student-athletes at CVCC have signed to continue their career at four-year institutions.
For more information on this year’s golf tournament or to register, contact CVCC head baseball coach Paul Rozzelle at 828-327-7000, ext. 4084